This week Tarot Reading for the Collective, Spirit recommends feeding the roads & working with Archangel Raphael. It's an interesting combination. Note, Archangel Raphael is a great healer and one of the prince's of the heavenly court. He works not only in the area of healing infirmities but in travels as well. So the pairing of honoring the roads we travel and Raphael does not seem much like a coincidence.
The road is a spirit, energy, and upon it are roaming spirits and energies. Feeding the road and satisfying the forces is one way to ensure safety, abundance, and an open path to travel. A suggested offering to the road can be a combination of the following things that can be kept in a container in your car.
• Toasted Corn, Smoked Fish & Possum (Pecado Jutia y Maiz Tostado
• Beef Jerky & Mixed Nuts (Trail Mixes)
Toasted Corn with Smoked Fish & Possum is commonly used within the Lucumi traditions to give to Esu/Elegua. Esu/Elegua is the Orisha that satisfies all forces and is one to open paths. These items can be found at any Botanica that caters to Santeria. Beef Jerky & mixed nuts work as well. Recall that when the man would travel by foot the food carried was dried because it lasts longer. Keep dried foods can be used to feed the roads & not cause the smell of root in one's car. A combination of all the above works as well.
To feed the road, gather all the ingredients and place it into a closed container that can be kept in your vehicle & easy to open. When able, be it driving or at a stop, take some of the items into your hand and before tossing it out the window to the road set the intention & pray that the items feed the spirits of the road & satisfy all forces so your path & travels are blessed.
For Archangel Raphael, a three-day prayer ritual is requested. The work with Raphael is for the healing of the world & within our own lives. Needed for the ritual are the following: a 7-day white glass candle, a piece of paper, and a glass of water. If you have a Boveda (altar in Espiritismo that contains glasses of water) then the glass of water will not be needed. The glass of water is for those who do not have a Boveda. Water is needed because it is a conduit of energy for spirituality to move. Light is needed to illuminate the spirit and petition. Below are the steps for the ritual.
• Step 1: On the piece of paper write a petition requesting the areas of your life the need healing & for the healing of our society.
• Step 2: Fold the paper and place it underneath the 7-day white glass candle.
• Step 3: Light the candle and begin reciting the below prayers in this order. These prayers are to be recited for 3 consecutive days. (Full prayers are listed below)
• Opening Prayer:
• Middle Prayers:
• Two Prayers of Archangel Raphael
• Closing Prayer:
• Hail Mary (3 times)
The candle is to be left until it burns out. Once it burns out the petition is then burned and the ashes scattered outside into the winds facing east.
• Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Prayer for Protection to Archangel Raphael
• Most Holy Mother Mary, Queen of Angels and Archangels, send me your champion the Archangel Saint Raphael. May he heal me of all my ailments in Jesus' holy name. May he protect me from Satan and all the evil spirits. Saint Raphael be my guardian and protector on my journey through life. O'glorious Saint Raphael the Archangel, herald of blessings, pray for us. Amen.
Prayer to Petition to Archangel Raphael
• Glorius Archangel St. Raphael, great prince of the heavenly court, you are illustrious for your gifts of wisdom and grace. You hare a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air, consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners. I beg you, assist me in all my needed and in all the sufferings of this life, as once you helped the young Tobias on his travels. Because you are the "medicine of God," I humbly pray you to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body. I especially ask of you the favor (name it - say "to fulfill the petition I have placed before thee") and the grace of purity to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. Amen.